God planted the seeds, our eyes and hearts were open and we're taking that leap of faith into unknown territory where only God Himself can be revealed. Proverbs 24:12 tell us: "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible." So with much joy, we welcome you on our journey to bring home a baby girl from Ethiopia!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Missing You...

Lately, I have been running into to so many people from Ethiopia. Just yesterday at the dr's office, the lady that checked me in was Ethiopian and I just found myself staring at the picture of her two sons. She probably thought I was a stalker! I did ask her about her birth country and we ended up sitting there well over 15 minutes just talking. She was the 3rd Ethiopian person to confirm how you pronounce Tsehaynesh's name. Apparently it's: "z-hi-nesh" meaning "you are my sunshine". I just love the importance Ethiopian's place on the meaning of their names. We will certainly be keeping her name-most likely inserting it into her middle name slot.

At Mom's group, a friend came up to me afterwards. Their family is friends with a family from Ethiopia. Apparently their teenage daughter speaks very fluent English & Amharic and said she would be happy to translate any letters we would like to write to Tsehaynesh's birth family! I have been praying about this, and God totally opened that door in a matter of days! Soooo excited to connect with this family.

Right now we are just preparing our home & hearts for this special little girl. The 40+ pg travel packet takes my breath away at times and produces a little anxiety, but I know that once we land in Ethiopia and hold our baby girl for the first time, it will all be worth it. We're living proof that you can miss a person before you've ever even met them! Like crazy!

Thanking God for the little glimmers of hope he is giving to us along the way and the wonderful people he has put into our lives lately. Please continue to pray for the health & safety of Tsehaynesh. Please also pray   for a fast court date & MOWA letter so that we can bring this little pumpkin home!

No comments:

Post a Comment