God planted the seeds, our eyes and hearts were open and we're taking that leap of faith into unknown territory where only God Himself can be revealed. Proverbs 24:12 tell us: "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible." So with much joy, we welcome you on our journey to bring home a baby girl from Ethiopia!

Monday, April 18, 2011

ONE MONTH since Referral....and more pictures!

It's been one month TODAY since we got our referral call. And guess what!? We received a HUGE surprise and got a few more pictures of Tse-Tse (her new nick-name)-ha! Now, I could just tell when we received Tsehaynesh's referral pictures that she was a happy baby. Her eyes said it all. And today we received our first picture of her smiling!!! It actually looked more like a giggle. And oh did it just melt our hearts. As my friend said, getting updated pictures is like a double edged sword. You are longing to see more of her and analyze each little detail, but you also realize that you are watching her grow up through pictures. Hard to watch your baby grow up 8000 miles away. I just want to snuggle her right NOW.

We also received some discouraging news....we don't yet have a court date. Apparently, some families have been waiting 6-8 weeks and still don't have a date. We keep calling upon the Lord and ask for Him to do a mighty work SOON so that we can go meet our precious little babe.

AND last but not least, a shout out to my sweet friend, Sara, who thought my blog was just not cool, and volunteered to give it a makeover during her precious & sacred kids nap times these past few days. Now that's what I call sacrifice and true friendship!(-: And boy do I LOVE it. Thanks so much Sara- you ROCK!

4 comments:

  1. Ok...let's clarify something MISS JANINE...I totally thought your blog was cool...it just needed a makeover. :) I mean you are too cute in every other aspect of life, I figured you should have a cute blog to represent little Tse-Tse and her story! Love your blog, Love you! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Sara's comment above...you are too cool in real life not to have a TOO COOL blog. Really cute, and SO you, J9. :) Love ya! Looking forward to hearing more about God's plans for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are just too sweet(-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi J!
    Jocelyn LOVES her photo/teething book. She especially loves looking through it at the dinner table while we eat so she's preoccupied and doesn't get squirmy. Works like a charm! Your little Tse-Tse will enjoy it as well, I'm sure.

    And who is your friend Sara, and would she consider giving mine a makeover? Love it!

    ReplyDelete