God planted the seeds, our eyes and hearts were open and we're taking that leap of faith into unknown territory where only God Himself can be revealed. Proverbs 24:12 tell us: "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible." So with much joy, we welcome you on our journey to bring home a baby girl from Ethiopia!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

One year ago today....

we met our sweet baby girl via email. I will never forget this day as long as I live. It was a Friday afternoon. I had just finished making the kids lunch and we all had been quite anxious waiting for our referral. We had prayed for this new little girl for so long and it was getting hard just waiting. I decided we needed to bring it to the Lord.....and we did.....we sat there and prayed that it would be SOON. As I finished up the prayer, the phone rang. And it was our adoption agency. They had some good news for us....they had matched us with a 5 1/2 month old baby girl from Awassa, Ethiopia. I told her we needed to call her back when Luke could be here. To this day, I'm still shocked I was able to wait. But, we were both going to "meet" her together.  It was the longest 2 hrs of my life. We called the agency back that afternoon and received the most bittersweet news. Sweet Tsehaynesh was waiting for her new family to come bring her home. After 45 minutes of hearing all about her short little life and past, we sat there shaking, crying and in awe, that we were chosen to be this little girls earthly Father and Mother.
The agency calling us back!

Our very first glimpse of our new baby girl....I stared at this photo for months.

Photo #2 of our new addition.....stared at this one for months too(-:
Our first family photo....the kids were SO excited to see pictures of her!
Today, I sit here after tucking Carys in and the emotions quickly come rushing back. It's hard to believe that call came ONE year ago already. So much has happened in that year. We met her face to face and best of all brought her home and began life together. On the other hand, its hard to believe that she has ONLY been home with us for 6 months. I can't even describe how well she has fit into our family and how it seems like she has ALWAYS been with us. Tonight she looked up at me and said "Eye-you Mommy" as I tucked her in. She has blossomed into a beautiful, spunky, curious, joyful toddler that completes our family just perfectly. Thank you God for this precious, precious gift. We love you to pieces Carys Tsehay and are so thankful that God chose YOU to be a part of our family.
Our sassy Carys today....one year later.
Her eyes still melt our hearts(-:

1 comment:

  1. Your post takes me there....although i am about 1 month away from my referral-versary, I think about that special day a lot.... Carys is so sweet... I really would like her to re-meet Theo... someday :)

    ReplyDelete