God planted the seeds, our eyes and hearts were open and we're taking that leap of faith into unknown territory where only God Himself can be revealed. Proverbs 24:12 tell us: "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible." So with much joy, we welcome you on our journey to bring home a baby girl from Ethiopia!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
No more ba ba's
And just like that we're done with Ba-Ba's at the Nieuwenhuis house. Now, if we could just move toward eliminating diapers, we'll be all set! Carys loved her bottle. It was the one thing that I felt really helped our bonding period when we got home. Before nap and before bed was the time set aside to cuddle and feed. Aria would fight me over who got to do the honors and I would sometimes let her win(-: But our little girl is growing up and started to seem like she could care less when she had a bottle. So one day I handed her a sippy cup at nap with water in it, shut the door and haven't heard a peep about it since. So it seems like we were hanging onto the bottle for "us" and not "her", and I'll take full credit for any rotten teeth that may come out of it, because every minute was worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lydia still has hers for nap and bedtime--but with water in it...no more formula. I have thought about trying a sippy cup as she drinks out of one for meals but I guess I'm hanging on to it for me too. :-) She's just too precious Janine!!
ReplyDelete