God planted the seeds, our eyes and hearts were open and we're taking that leap of faith into unknown territory where only God Himself can be revealed. Proverbs 24:12 tell us: "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible." So with much joy, we welcome you on our journey to bring home a baby girl from Ethiopia!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Adoption is hard

I once read a fellow bloggers post who stated just how hard adoption is. I kind of shrugged it off thinking it can be only as hard as you can make it, right? Not true. It is hard. In every single sense. And most things you have absolutely no control over.  Probably reason # 550 that God lead us down this path(-:

Today we received a note from the U.S. Embassy that there are some inconsistencies on the court documents dates.  We noticed this yesterday when trying to add her to our health insurance that there were several different dates on there. Because Ethiopia's calendar is so far off from ours (months and years-it's 2003 there right now) I just chalked it up to their silly dates and sent out a note to our agency. Well today we find out otherwise, and that it is indeed inconsistent. Our agency is looking into it for us and I'm impatiently awaiting what our next steps will be. I'm worried that if this is something the court has to correct, it could take forever and they close in a few weeks for the rainy season. Trying not to let my mind go there and would appreciate your continued prayers on getting Carys home SOON. Mama needs her girl home NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment