I really can't believe we will be boarding a plane in just one short week and on our way to seeing our little Princess. After a long year and a half, we'll finally be able to meet our daughter and hold her for the very first time! It just gives me chills thinking about it. It also gives me chills to think about leaving behind Kai, Aria & Becket for that long. I'm sure they will have a blast with their Grammy's & Papa's and the time will just fly by. There will be no doubt though that I will miss them terribly.
We've been busy preparing, sorting, organizing, packing, weighing (over and over again). I have about 4 different lists going and seem to be checking things off day by day. Between typing up schedules for the kids while we're gone to running all these last minute errands to finishing up photo albums/thank yous to packing and packing and packing, my desire is to designate as much of this week as I can to our 3 little babes and try hard to get my "fill" before we leave for 11 days. Please pray for safe travels & health for us and our kids for these next two extremely important weeks. I can't wait to share our experience with you all when we return! (Or if we can get a good stretch of internet, I'll be updating our blog, so check in!)
 |
| Can you believe ALL of these donations!! Thank you doesn't even come close! And, that' s not all of them. I came home to another porch full today! |
 |
| Bringing 31 Bags to Ethiopia! Enat Alem is the name of Tsehaynesh's orphanage. A friend & I sobbingly sorted through all of our infant toys (sentimental times...boohoo) and will be filling the tote with them. |
 |
| We had lots of helpers to sort the items. |
 |
| Organizing baby food was Kai's favorite job(-: |
 |
| Daddy packing the bags..... |
 |
| A sweet new friend, Eden, who spent 3 hrs here tonight translating the photo album I made for Tsehaynesh's family into Amharic language. She also translated a letter to her family, along with a bazillion thank you notes to her nannies. This girl is AMAZING and I'm so thankful I was introduced to her. One of the most beautiful Ethiopian girls I've met yet! |
So excited for you guys J! Will be praying you through the travels. Aliya was at Enat Alem so I know right where you are going. Would love to connect when you return and see some pics and hear about your journey. God is good! He will hold you close and fill your heart with such joy and excitement as you meet your new daughter from across the world.
ReplyDeleteForgot to add...I'd love to meet Eden too!
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes looking at these pictures Janine! What a blessing you are going to be to that orphanage! They aren't going to know what hit them when you show up with all this stuff! Love you guys and can't wait to hear about you trip!
ReplyDelete