Not much news to report on the adoption front.....I checked in with our agency today and we are still at # 2 on the infant girls list. Good news is that court just opened back up (they close for rainy season!) so many families that have accepted referrals since the closure are now getting their court dates scheduled. There are several families traveling next week and a few more the following week. So activity has resumed for the Ethiopian program. Our coordinator did sound pretty promising in her email though that she expects referrals to start picking up again real soon. Hmmmm....or it's just me reading into things(-: Probably the latter. Being that Luke is gone for 2 weeks and I'm riding solo with three little ones, my attention is certainly diverted most of the time. I can't even imagine if this was our 1st baby how anxious and "obsessive" I'd be about all these steps & waiting.
Some good news from our end is that I think we've settled on a name! Luke doesn't know we've settled on it yet, but he really likes it. Ha! We decided from day one that we will be keeping her given name. If it's a name we love, it will stay as her 1st name. If it's just too hard to pronounce or unheard of here in the US, then we'll use her given name as a middle. So, we've been working on a "back up" first name and found one we love. I honestly didn't think I'd find one I love, but I do this one. Just going to keep ya'all on your toes...what are the Nieuwenhuis' going to come up with next!? Oh boy. Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment