It's hard to believe it has been ONE year since God stirred our hearts in such a way that we no longer could be complacent about adopting. I'll never forget hearing the news that the awful earthquake had hit Haiti and there were THOUSANDS dead, leaving even more orphans behind. I was sitting on the airplane when I glanced at the man next to me that had his face buried in a newspaper article for what seemed like hours. My heart hurt for days, for months and it still does for those left behind. I found myself doing something that is completely out of character for me....I glued myself to the TV watching the news hour after hour. Pretty sure I was an Anderson Cooper stalker. My heart was literally broke. Little did I know that 2011 would bring about so many changes in our hearts and home by this horrible devastation. Certainly not happy for the devastation the Haitian's experienced OR are STILL experiencing, but forever grateful that the Lord used this to grab our attention and lead us to action.
Proverbs 19:2 tells us: "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is only the Lord's purpose that prevails"
This verse could not ring more true for us. Graciously, day after day, He is humbling our hearts and gently inviting us to be a part of His redemptive work. We continue to pray for the people of Haiti. Our souls look to heaven for hope and healing for this beautiful country. And while OUR plans are to bring our precious daughter home this year, we want nothing more than to glorify our GREAT GOD through this experience.
Yes, you can switch anytime. If you are interested, call Hope and ask them what's involved.
ReplyDelete(amy@tabernaclecommunity.org)
And feel free to tell them I sent you. The director's name is Shimeliss (he is ET).
ReplyDelete