God planted the seeds, our eyes and hearts were open and we're taking that leap of faith into unknown territory where only God Himself can be revealed. Proverbs 24:12 tell us: "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible." So with much joy, we welcome you on our journey to bring home a baby girl from Ethiopia!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Waiting Patiently......
or not so patiently(-: It depends on who you ask. We have now been on the waiting list for 5 months, and I'm getting so excited knowing our referral call is getting near. However, I've had PLENTY to do in the meantime, so it hasn't been excruitiating like it has for others in our family. That "other" is Big Sister Aria and it breaks my heart to see and hear how anxious & excited she is to meet her new little sister. She lives and breathes talking about her, dreaming about her and discussing name options with me(-: Her whole school knows, her Sunday school class, anyone who babysits her, practically anyone who she comes in contact with. Even complete strangers at the grocery store know we are adopting a baby girl. The first thing they tell me when I pick her up from ANYTHING is how much she talked about her new baby sister from "Efiopia". Daily she asks if this will be the day. She even dreams about her. A few weeks ago, I tucked her in after she had been asleep for a few hrs and as she rolled over she said "She's never coming home. This is taking forever"- all while completely asleep. She loves her babies and as she cares for them, she will say "this is how I will feed baby sister" or "i'm practicing changing diapers, so I can change baby sisters". I have no doubt in my mind that she will make one awesome big sister. 5 months doesn't seem that long to most of us, but to a 3 1/2 year old, I'm sure it's an eternity!
On another note, months ago I ran across a blog of two amazing woman who started 147 Million Orphans. I have followed it forever and am so encouraged by these two Moms.You just have to read for yourselves how incredible their ministry is......their blogs are linked to mine. We love supporting them and are starting to sport some of their really cool gear. Just another way to raise our voice for the orphans and you just may be getting some of these cute items for birthday/Christmas gifts(-:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment