God planted the seeds, our eyes and hearts were open and we're taking that leap of faith into unknown territory where only God Himself can be revealed. Proverbs 24:12 tell us: "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible." So with much joy, we welcome you on our journey to bring home a baby girl from Ethiopia!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dossier Sent!

I really can't believe that today is the day...a HUGE milestone in our process. Today is the day our dossier is being sent to Ethiopia. On 6/28 I overnighted all the documents to an organization called The Assistant Stork. They are a courier service that hand delivers your documents to the Dept of State and The Ethiopian Embassy and gets them all authenticated. This process typically takes a few weeks. On Monday (a week later) I decided I would pull up the tracking #'s just to see where they were and found out they were delivered to our agency the prior Friday, July 2nd! So in 1.5 days, Assistant Stork got everything authenticated and back to our agency. I was blown away. If you're going through the adoption process and need a courier service, I highly recommend them! So Adoption Associates did what they needed to do on their end to prepare them some more and shipped everything off to ET today! This means we are officially "in waiting" for our baby girl! I really can't believe how quick and smooth this process has gone so far...maybe it's a sign of what is yet to come??(-:
Ps. Check back for a pic of all those documents(-: They involved so much work that I had to take a picture-haha!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys, Janine! I know you're going to be such a fabulous family for this new little girl...she has no idea how lucky she is! :)

    ReplyDelete