On Monday, April 5th, Luke and I had our 2nd homestudy meeting with our caseworker. This time, she was going to meet with each of us individually. I went first and came out of the room an hour and half later. When I asked her how long they typically go,she politely said they can go anywhere from 30 minute to 1hr and 30 min. I guess I was on the far end and thought for a moment that I must be her most "talkative" client. I told her not to worry, that since Luke was next, it was sure to be only a half hour. He IS a guy and I'm sure his answers would more than likely be one or two words. WRONG! He was in there for 1hr 45 minutes and topped her record for longest individual homestudy. Ha! I guess we have lots to share(-: It was an interview with the purpose of really getting to know each of us. We both found it hard to remember things that happened 30+ years ago, but it was very thought provoking. There were many things that came up that explained the way I am today. Much of that I'm thankful for. I was once again reminded how grateful I am to have grown up in a loving, christian home with a Mom that stayed home with me. (even though there were times I wished she would get an outside job so I could get into trouble-sorry mom(-:)
On another note, we were notified this week that the Ethiopian government is now requiring two trips for the adoption process. This was unfortunate news as one of the appealing things about Ethiopia is that it only required a one week trip, which is less time to be leaving our other 3 children behind. But I know God has it all planned out. He will provide a way, and hopefully childcare for an additional week(-: Who knows, by the time it's our time to travel, things could very well change again. I'm trying not to get too phased about each turn in the road. I'm sure there are more significant ones coming up. That's life, right!?
No comments:
Post a Comment